Current employment vacancies
Please check our Ethical Jobs profile for current employment vacancies.
As a national charity, we rely greatly on volunteers to undertake our research, public engagement and campaigning work. We encourage people with relevant interests and skills to jump in and become a closer part of our team!
As a volunteer for Digital Rights Watch, you won’t be making coffee or doing the photocopying. Instead we like to work with individuals to give them ownership over a piece of our work. This might mean you take over responsibility of running our social media channels, or produce a research or policy paper, or develop key resources for one of our campaigns. Volunteers are treated as full members of the team, and play a meaningful role in our day to day work.
Here’s what we’re looking for in volunteers:
- A knowledge or interest in the intersection of rights and technology;
- Pursuing or holding a degree in law, political science, communications, social sciences, or similar academic studies;
- Initiative and demonstrated ability to work without supervision; and
- Excellent communications skills.
Volunteers will assist the Digital Rights Watch team, who are based in several locations across Australia. We do not have a physical office space and so expect all members of the team to operate independently and remotely. We ask that you commit to a minimum of 2 days per week for 6 months, to assist on a specific project, campaign or issue. However, based on your personal, academic and/or professional commitments, we are flexible about this.
Please take a look at our current work as displayed on our website to get a sense of our current work before applying. We are interested in hearing from individuals with diverse academic, cultural and professional backgrounds.
How to apply
- Please send your CV and a short covering letter (max 300 words) to email@example.com
- Your cover letter should clearly indicate which specific topic, campaign or area of our work you would like to get involved in and why you think you have the appropriate skills and interest.